Certificate III in Flooring Technology (Flooring Installations)
This course is especially designed for professionals working in the industry wanting to obtain their qualifications.
It enables for your existing skills to be assessed on site with the necessary gap training provided at the Moorabbin campus outside of normal working hours.
Students are able to select from three other streams: Timber, Carpet and Resilient.
You will learn to:
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Plan and organise work
- Conduct workplace communication
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Handle roof tiling materials
- Use roof tiling tools and equipment
- Tile regular roofs
- Tile irregular roofs
- Repair and replace valleys, valley irons and flashings
- Repair and renovate tile roofs
- Slate a roof
- Fix shingles to roofs and facades
- Erect and dismantle basic scaffolding
- Work safely on roofs